Polish (Poland)Čeština (Česká republika)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)English (United Kingdom)
1. THE FORMER EVANGELICAL CEMETERY PDF Print E-mail

The evangelical cemetery set up by princess Marianna Orańska around the middle of the 19th century for the workers of the palace in Kamieniec Ząbkowicki. Later it was used by the local evangelical parish. The Neo-gothic chapel is well-preserved.

 
2. THE FORMER NURSERY PDF Print E-mail

?Mariannenheim? funded in 1882-1883 by Marianna Orańska (a house of single mothers, an orphanage) was transformed into an evangelical church ?Marienstift?. Currently a public school.

 
3. THE HOHENZOLLERN FAMILY MAUSOLEUM PDF Print E-mail

The Neo-gothic structure erected in 1898 after the death of Maria ? Albrecht the Younger of Hohenzollern?s wife, princess Marianna Orańska?s daughter-in-law. The building designed as a clan necropolis was destroyed in 1945.

 
4. THE FORMER EVANGELICAL CHURCH PDF Print E-mail

Funded from the financial resources of princess Marianna Orańska; the corner stone was embedded in 1875. As a Neo-gothical shrine designed by Ferdinand Martius, it was completed in 1882-1885. Abandoned after 1946; currently adapted for the Commune Exhibition Centre.

 
5. PRINCESS MARIANNA ORAŃSKA?S PALACE ? RESIDENCE PDF Print E-mail

Having inherited the local properties from  her mother, princess Marianna Orańska decided to erect a splendid residence on the Grodowe Wzgórze (Borough Hill). The design was made by a well-known architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel. With the alterations put forward by Marianna, Ferdinand Martius realized the project from 1838 to 1846.  The works were being continued between the years 1853-1900. After plunder made by the Red Army soldiers, the palace burnt in a fire in 1945. Since 1984 it has been under reconstruction.

 
  • «
  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  1 
  •  2 
  •  3 
  •  4 
  •  5 
  •  6 
  •  7 
  •  Next 
  •  End 
  • »


Page 1 of 7

feedback